Welcome to the WEB AREA FOR Saint gabriel'S class 5a!
Dear 5A parents and students,
Greetings! My name is Mrs. Annette Olinger, and I’m very happy to start working with all the children in 5A (and Science for 5B, 6A, and 6B) this new school year.
I wanted to provide you with just a brief introduction about me and my teaching style.
A little about me:
- I’m a San Francisco native, graduate of St. Monica’s School in the Richmond District and Lowell High School.
- I graduated from the University of Arizona with a BA in Elementary Education and a BA in Italian Language and Literature.
- I earned my MA in Educational Organization and Leadership from the University of San Francisco.
- At St. Gabriel’s, I’ve taught 2nd Grade (six years) and 4th Grade (two years). This will be my fourth year teaching 5th Grade.
- I’ve also taught in the San Francisco Unified School District, and I was a principal for three years at Our Lady of Loretto School in Novato, CA.
- I have a son, Jimmy, who's 4 years old, and a daughter, Abby, who just turned 2 years old!
- For fun, I like to sing, dance (especially tap dance), travel, and spend time with my family.
A little about my teaching style:
- My motto is to “Be firm, fair, and consistent.” In order to avoid confusion and develop independence and responsibility in every student, I try to make guidelines and routines as clear as possible.
- We will be using Raffle Tickets and Conduct Citations for classroom behavior management. Conduct Citations give parents a detailed report of any student behavior infractions; they need to be signed and returned the very next school day. Multiple Conduct Citations in an Academic Quarter will lower a student's Conduct and Effort grades on their report card.
- I will send home graded papers approximately every two weeks. Please sign the communication sheet and return the folder, ASAP. The graded papers are yours to keep!
- Don’t forget to check the class website often! Homework is posted daily, and the class calendar will show upcoming projects and tests. http://sg5a.stgabrielsf.com (HELPFUL TIP: Bookmark this link on your smartphones!)
- You can email me at email@example.com or send a paper note in the morning with your child’s homework. Please allow 48 hours for a response.
- I LOVE TEACHING, and I love working with the families of my students! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns.
- I’m available to meet with parents in the mornings at 7:30am or after school until 4pm. Please schedule an appointment in advance.
- As students get older, their studies become more rigorous, and they can easily get behind when they miss school. Please refrain from taking your child out of school for anything other than illness or doctor’s visits.
- TEAMWORK: Together Everyone Achieves More With Organization, Responsibility, and Kindness!
Mrs. Annette M. Olinger
VERY IMPORTANT (AND HELPFUL) WEBSITES FOR 5TH GRADE:
Faith First Chapter Reviews: http://www.faithfirst.com/html/chapReview/le/choose_grade_le.html
TypingWeb student practice webpage: http://www.typingweb.com/tutor/
The Morning Offering Prayer:
O Jesus, together with You, I offer to God the Father
all my thoughts, words, actions, and sufferings of this day.
I offer them for the salvation of all and the unity of all Christians,
for the intentions of our Bishops,
and of all who are praying to You.
Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.